Book Discussion - Not without my daughter by Betty Mahmoody
- Book Discussion - Not without my daughter by Betty Mahmoody
- When Nov 07, 2016 from 06:00 PM to 07:00 PM (US/Eastern / UTC-500)
- Contact Name Jenny Stroik
- Contact Phone 989-865-9451
- Add event to calendar iCal
Not without my daughter by Betty Mahmoody with William Hoffer -- In August 1984 a Michigan housewife accompanied her husband to his native Iran for a two-week vacation. Once there she and her four-year-old daughter became virtual prisoners. Her husband, suddenly a fanatic, was the jailer. Betty Mahmoody knew she had to get away. But in a land where women are near-slaves and Americans despised, her chances were slim. Her only hope lay in a clandestine network that would not take her child, and without her Betty would not leave.